|Posted on February 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM|
“People act the way they act because they are where they are in relation to God.” I have heard this quote by my dad, Darrell Robinson, my whole life. This quote has given me a frame of reference especially in reaching out to lost people. You can’t expect people who do not know Jesus to act like good Christian folks. Lost people are going to be rough around the edges or have totally different agendas at best. As we embark on this emphasis to reach every lost person by the year 2020 let’s be honest with ourselves. The people that we are most uncomfortable reaching out to- the down-and-out, uneducated, crass, isolated, mean spirited, gruff, very different from us, are many times the ones with whom the Holy Spirit is sending us to share Jesus. Continue in prayer that God will prepare your heart as well as preparing the hearts of those with whom He will make a Divine Appointment for you to share Jesus. Individually, be on the lookout for Divine Appointments. As a leader, influence your church to develop a strategy to involve every person in sharing Jesus Christ with the lost. Before we see the harvest of souls for the Savior we must prepare the field.
Operation Prepare Your Field is our associational evangelism campaign that will lead us to fulfill Vision 2020. The objectives of the campaign are as follows: Operation: Prepare your Field
1. Locate Every Home and take a New Testament to every home in your church field. Ask them to respond to a religious opinion survey.
2. Identify every lost or unchurched person and share the Gospel with him or her.
3. Invite the lost person to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as Savior and Lord.
4. Invite to attend church with you. If a new believer, invite them to make a public profession of faith in Christ at church.
5. Lead the new believer to be baptized and follow Jesus as a disciple.
6. Train the new disciple to go out & share their faith through their testimony. Lead to participate in each of these steps.
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." Luke 19:10 And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19